[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Media library features sql_monitor - directory scanner ml_watch - playlist watcher item_list - items being watched by ml_watch media_pool - list of active media in vlc (Srikanth Raju )

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Nov 5 12:03:13 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:40:32AM +0100, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote :
> It would be probably simplier and cleaner to do it outside of vlc.git.
> The reason are:
> - We would be forced to cleanly layer the lib.
> - Force us to have nice API.
> This is:
> - Unless you want to make sure no one is reusing it outside of libvlc
> (Which would be the strategical choice I was talking about).

Sure. But there is no way to have such an external lib integrated in
1.2, except if some is actually serious enough about it.
And seeing the kind of work it is, I expect something like 3month/man
full-time for someone C/C++ skilled. I don't see anyone having this kind
of time.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf