[vlc-devel] Conferencing tools (was Re: Apple AppStore infringing...)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 9 13:21:11 CET 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:42:43 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org>
wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 07:09:36PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote :
>> We will discuss 2 of the topics here at the next VideoLAN meeting on
>> friday.
>
> Meeting will be at the Association HQ.
> For people who are not present, Skype conference should be a solution,
and
> I'll try a bambuser streaming.

FYI, I have received some private complaints that the association should
not use proprietary tools for its own meetings. Considering that it is
meant to "promote open-source multimedia", this may actually be a valid
point.

Personally, I've been using Mumble for teleconferencing, though it requires
a server. But that's just a random suggestion.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis