[vlc-devel] How to do fullscreen in 1.1.x with libvlc API

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Nov 9 17:30:07 CET 2010

Le mardi 9 novembre 2010 17:31:34 Jacques Boileau, vous avez écrit :
> > With Win32, full screen mode must be implemented directly in the
> > application if libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd() was used.
>
> Understood. But in case it is thought otherwise, this is new to 1.1.x
> and is a regression from LibVLC 1.0.5 that I used prior to switching
> to 1.1.3. In 1.0.5 you can use libvlc_toggle_fullscreen() even if you
> have used libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd() to re parent the window.

Don't update if you don't like the new API.

> I would certainly volunteer looking at, and comparing the code from
> both version in the hope of coming up with a solution (patch).

VOUT_WINDOW_SET_FULLSCREEN is simply not implemented at all:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=blob;f=modules/video_output/drawable.c;h=1a887fc6d3e2328a097ace79c71cd803c0851afe#l141

> Unless to your knowledge, 1.1.x's new architecture prohibits
> any possible fix.

I don't know Win32 well enough to rule this in or out.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis