[vlc-devel] libvlc_media_list_player_play_item fails after serveral uses

antonio meléndez amelendez at sidsa.com
Wed Nov 10 16:02:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm developing an application based on libvlc. The app basically is used
to monitorize several transport streams. The app uses media list player
to change between the services after a period of time, so I call
libvlc_media_list_player_play_item to change between them.

The app works properly during a period of time an then breaks, always
after around 3200 uses of libvlc_media_list_player_play_item. When the
app breaks the screen becomes black and start having problems refreshing
it. "[0x10b40d90] directx generic warning: could not blit surface (error
-2147467259)" message appears.

I also have test it using libvlc_media_list_player_next, and happens
exactly the same. I tried using libvlc_media_list_player_stop and
libvlc_media_list_player_play_item and then it breaks in half time than
using only libvlc_media_list_player_play_item. Even stopping, releasing
the media player and the media list player, creating a new instance and
then playing, the problem persists.

I'm trying to look for the problem in the vlc code but it's so huge that
I didn't find anything. Any ideas???

Any help will be welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

Antonio