[vlc-devel] How to do fullscreen in 1.1.x with libvlc API

Jacques Boileau jboileau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:29:35 CET 2010

> With Win32, full screen mode must be implemented directly in the
> application if libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd() was used.

I have given a shot at managing the full screen through my application
by reparenting to the desktop, resizing, etc. I am fully succesfull at
going to fullscreen. The problem is going out of fullscreen. Since the
VLC window occupies the whole screen, and to the best of my knowledge
the VLC window does transmit mouse double click up to its parent
window I have no way of getting out of full screen. Are there ways to
have mouse and keyboard event be sent to the application window that
was given to libvlc_media_player_set_hwnd ?

Jacques Boileau