[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: rtp: use VLC_TS_INVALID (Pierre Ynard )

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 14 10:57:04 CET 2010

> Le dimanche 14 novembre 2010 06:11:33 git at videolan.org, vous avez écrit :
> > vlc | branch: master | Pierre Ynard <linkfanel at yahoo.fr> | Sun Nov 14
> > 05:11:12 2010 +0100| [349f269051e7d7c5a20b8db61b0fb9f7e4b20151] |
> > committer: Pierre Ynard
> >
> > rtp: use VLC_TS_INVALID
>
> Err no. The whole point is that RTP timestamps can go lower than the
> initial value due to jitter. This looks totally wrong to me.

I'm not touching the PTS but only the DTS which is always set to 0. Why
is it set to 0, if it's not to indicate an invalid value? I didn't touch
the hack for decreasing timestamps, and if i understand correctly the
PTS is calculated after packets are reordered so jitter shouldn't
matter?

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."