[vlc-devel] VLC Client and RTCP

Chris White (whitec) whitec at cisco.com
Wed Nov 17 18:36:41 CET 2010

Is there any reason why the VLC client only sends RTCP Receiver Reports
when playing live streams (SDP indicates range:npt=now-) using RTSP, as
compared to playing back recorded streams (SDP range:npt=0-240). In both
cases the SETUP request from the VLC provides client ports for both RTP
and RTCP. The reason I ask is because we have a RTSP server which times
out sessions after 2 minutes if it does not receive responses to RTCP
Sender Reports. Is there any way to force VLC to send RTCP RR  when
playing back recorded streams?

TIA

Chris White