[vlc-devel] [Boring] Server upgrades
jb at videolan.org
Fri Nov 19 23:23:20 CET 2010
Today, we (Ludovic Fauvet and /me) went to the main datacenter, as it
was decided at the last meeting.
The new HD was bought online and delivered yesterday.
We went to buy the required RS232/USB cable for albiero and sirius
today. Then we went to the DataCenter.
We have been working on the productions machines and have been doing a
lot of work:
- Fix of the boot of 2.6.26 on the 2 1850
- Changing and repairing the HD
- Rebuilding the RAID arrays on both 1850
- Upgrade to Squeeze of the 2 1850
- Upgrade to grub2
- Upgrade to 2.6.32 and workaround the kernel/driver bug that prevented
- Upgrades of Databases, mailman and simili
- Install of the RS232 cables and modification of the BIOS accordingly
- Various checks
- Boot of a liveCD after one grub instal FAILED and the server wasn't
- Increase security and removal of old accesses, as discussed during
- Check of functionnal reboots
The machines have been rebooted quite a few times...
All the services are back and running.
Do expect to see the videolan@ account die on the albiero and sirius.
If you think you need them, please reach roots@
Ganesh will probably need further upgrade in the following weeks, but it
was less urgent.
The root team will now be reachable on roots@
Please report any regressions on the setups.
If you didn't understood something in this mail, it just means that you
PS: Soft RAID1 + LVM + reiserfs + linux isn't a good idea... Really...
PPS: rootdelay=10 is a nice fix for slow SCSI cards
+33 672 704 734
More information about the vlc-devel