[vlc-devel] [RFC] Fix input variables

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 23 21:10:54 CET 2010

> Please don't do that kind of hacks to the variable system.
>
> Just set the variables on the parent object and use inheritance. The
> LibVLC media player already does that to a large extent.

Assuming that in the common case, there are no two inputs concurrently
running at the same time using that same parent object, how do you clean
up stray variables for the following input? Also, in the VLM at least,
the previous assumption is false so it just doesn't work.

Granted, I could make a new patch to set variables on this dedicated
object in the input resources.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."