[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Qt: Allow disabling or resampling background art. ( Francois Cartegnie )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Nov 28 15:11:40 CET 2010

Le dimanche 28 novembre 2010 15:47:25 Francois Cartegnie, vous avez écrit :
> Le dimanche 28 novembre 2010, Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> > Screen burn prevention? Isn't that the job of the screensaver? How come
> > the window decoration, the menu and the playback widgets won't burn the
> > screen too anyway? In my opinion, having a disabled by default advanced
> > obscure option to protect the hardware makes hardly any sense if any.
>
> Qt Minimal Interface + Fullscreen: You have the bg icon only.
>
> This is intended for public display without user interaction (screensaver
> can't work because it can't detect user's activity): Stores, conferences...

Still, my point is that people won't find the option. Therefore it is useless.

In my opinion, yf we want to implement a proper kiosk mode, we should have an
all-encompassing option to that end, and it should be immediately visible in
the easy preferences.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis