[vlc-devel] rtsp and http tunneling

Sébastien Escudier sebastien-devel at celeos.eu
Wed Oct 6 16:24:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

Before my commit on live555 demuxer and async calls, there was a code
like [1] and I don't understand the logic.
This code says that we should try http tunneling if we have an error
which is not 401, why ? Shouldn't we try http tunneling if we have a
timeout ?

[1]
msg_Dbg( p_demux, "DESCRIBE failed with %d: %s", i_code, psz_error );
if( i_code == 401 )
{
  msg_Dbg( p_demux, "authentication failed" );
  [...]
}
else if( (i_code != 0) && !var_GetBool( p_demux, "rtsp-http" ) )
{
  /* Perhaps a firewall is being annoying. Try HTTP tunneling mode */
  msg_Dbg( p_demux, "we will now try HTTP tunneling mode" );
  [...] //retry
}
else
{
  msg_Dbg( p_demux, "connection timeout" );
  [...] //fail
}