[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: stream_filter/httplive.c: HTTP Live Streaming (Jean-Paul Saman )
jb at videolan.org
Wed Oct 13 00:50:23 CEST 2010
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:07:21PM +0200, git at videolan.org wrote :
> vlc | branch: master | Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at m2x.nl> | Tue Sep 14 20:42:30 2010 +0200| [1723efcc374b22d54896b16ee0fb168018864d37] | committer: Jean-Paul Saman
> stream_filter/httplive.c: HTTP Live Streaming
> Support HTTP Live Streaming as described in the IETF draft standard:
> * http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pantos-http-live-streaming-04#page-8
> and Apple its description:
> * http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/networkinginternet/conceptual/streamingmediaguide/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008332-CH1-DontLinkElementID_29
Really cool stuff! This is a cool addition to VLC.
Questions and nitpicking:
- How can we test it? Sample streams?
- Was it compiled on linux only?
- I was wondering if you could pack hls_stream_s a bit more, by aligning
it a bitmore ? same for hls_thread_t?
- Why are you using sometimes int, sometimes uint64_t for bw ?
- in AccessOpen(), isn't the if (p_sys->p_access) whith the big brace
(l.910) returning VLC_ENOMEM the contrary to the habits we have in VLC?
wouldn't if( !p_sys->p_access) return VLC_ENOMEM look more classic?
- Shouldn't some functions be flagged as const?
- What is the protocol to detect bw_up and bw_down? Was that not too
difficult with VLC arch?
- Can't you remove #include <vlc_input.h>, <vlc_fs.h>, <vlc_network.h>,
it compiled here without them :D
- How is this linked to TS files? Meaning would that work with an
adaptive stream of webm files?
Thanks for the cool work.
+33 672 704 734
More information about the vlc-devel