[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: stream_filter/httplive.c: HTTP Live Streaming (Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Oct 13 11:56:57 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:24:46 +0200, Jean-Paul Saman <jpsaman at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Ilkka Ollakka <ileoo at videolan.org>
wrote:

>>> Questions and nitpicking:
>>> - How can we test it? Sample streams?
>>
>> I tested it with http://www.porogrammer.fi/~ileoo/live.m3u8 but it
>> doesn't seem to handle relative urls atm.
>
> If you read the standard then relative URL's are not supported.

Uh?
   URIs MAY be relative.  A relative URI MUST be resolved against the
   URI of the Playlist file that contains it.

> On the
> other hand the stream_filter does not have the right information to
> construct an absolute URL.

That's just one of many reason why this should not be a stream_filter.
Time-based seeking is another reason.

However, there is currently no libvlccore API to "resolve" an URL relative
to a base (absolute) URL. This has been a documented bug of the playlist
demuxers for a long time already.

http://www.remlab.net
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis