[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: stream_filter/httplive.c: HTTP Live Streaming (Jean-Paul Saman )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Oct 13 22:57:24 CEST 2010

Le mercredi 13 octobre 2010 23:44:27 David Glaude, vous avez écrit :
> As far as I know, both QT and WMP offer that kind of configuration where
> you specify if you used modem, ISDN, T1, ADSL or else (with various
> bandwidth value).

That's retarded. Nobody uses modem or ISDN anymore and would try to watch VoD
with it. T1 says nothing about how much bandwidth is actually available to the
application; the days of one Internet-enabled application at a time are long
gone. And ADSL could be anything from 128kbps to many Mbits/s.

> PS: Unfortunatelly for my use, nor Apple HTTP streaming, nor Microsoft
> Smooth Streaming, nor WebM support multi-audio track.

You can put multiple audio tracks inside TS over Apple HTTP, and I suppose so
can you with WebM. Of course, this will waste bandwidth. You want to use RTSP
for that kinda stuff.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis