[vlc-devel] External filter for vlc?

Pablo Baena pbaena at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 00:30:41 CEST 2010

Is it possible to add external modules to vlc so it can pick them up from
command line? I would need a filter to process the image and stream the
result. From what I've gathered the only way to make this possible is to add
the module to vlc and recompile it.

I already have the filter for gstreamer, but it lacks the posibility to
stream to mmsh. I used vlc for that but I get all kinds of framerate and
sound problems, so I was trying to let vlc capture by itself and do the
image manipulation.

TIA!

--
1980 - Alan Kay creates Smalltalk and invents the term "object oriented."
When asked what that means he replies, "Smalltalk programs are just