[vlc-devel] Apple AppStore infringing VLC media player license

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Oct 27 19:09:36 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:49:05AM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
> ###
> Lots of important things.

We will discuss 2 of the topics here at the next VideoLAN meeting on
friday.

The first one is a limitation of accesses to the servers and a few changes
in the services we provide.
Don't expect wider access, btw...

The second one will be the discussion about the issue between the
VLC-iOS developers and Rémi.
On this topic, I would like to point people to the newer versions of the
iTunes Store terms, http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#APPS
and on the "LICENSE OF APP STORE PRODUCTS" section.

This part seems to have changed quite a lot since the last time I have
seen it (when it was the FSF issue) and especially regarding 3rd party
apps. If you, developers, could re-read it and give an opinion, that is
not just re-stating someone else opinion, that would be great.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/