[vlc-devel] Unable to build npvlc.dll

gozer at progrock.com gozer at progrock.com
Thu Oct 28 11:44:41 CEST 2010

I'm trying the cross-build of VLC on Linux for Windows (on the latest git source tree).

During make package-win32 , 2 modules are fetched via git (why not before ?)...
After fetching (via gitweb because I don't have git access behind my firewall, and because these 2 git trees are not mirrored on http://repo.or.cz/ !) activex-vlc and npapi-vlc, I have a problem building in npapi-vlc:

% make stamp-npapi-build CONTRIB_DIR=/usr/win32
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=link i686-pc-mingw32-g++  -mms-bitfields  -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -Wl,--kill-at -Wl,  -L/usr/win32/lib -o npvlc.la -rpath //lib vlcshell.lo vlcplugin.lo npolibvlc.lo nporuntime.lo npwin.lo -L/home/lassauge/VLC/vlc/_win32/lib -lvlc -lvlccore    -lgdi32

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive /usr/win32/lib/libgpg-error.la.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
*** But as you try to build a module library, libtool will still create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening application
*** is linked with the -dlopen flag to resolve symbols at runtime.

I'm unable to have the dll build (but it works perfectly for axvlc.dll). Do you have any hints ?

--
    Eric Lassauge
        <gozer {at} progrock [dot] com>