[vlc-devel] [videolan-announce] Update on the VLC browser plugins

David Glaude david.glaude at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 00:18:21 CEST 2010

2010/10/29 Rafaël Carré <rafael.carre at gmail.com>

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:47:07 +0300
> "Rémi Denis-Courmont" <rem at videolan.org> wrote:
>
> > This is a long overdue update on the state of the two VLC plugins for
> > web browsers, i.e. the ActiveX plugin for Microsoft Internet
> > Explorer, and the Mozilla plugin for just about every other browser.
> >
> > Effective today, the web plugins will be separated from the VLC media
> > player.
>
> The web plugins source code repository has been effectively separated
> from the VLC media player source code repository.

I already asked most of my question about this news in a previous post...

But I am still confuse.

I understand the plugins need to be separated from the player and they
should rely only on your lib.
But should the two plugins be separated from each other.

They do need to share the same javascript API.
Are they in the same repository? (I had the feeling it was two separated
repository)
Do you have duplication of code there?

How will you make sure the API stay in sync?

David Glaude