[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: vmem: By default keep the original image aspect ratio. (Pierre d' Herbemont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun Oct 31 12:27:39 CET 2010

Le dimanche 31 octobre 2010 12:17:46 git at videolan.org, vous avez écrit :
> vlc | branch: master | Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> | Sun Oct
> 31 10:53:57 2010 +0100| [4d9bf01bb1bad90a28100e2a80bb1482b0997a54] |
> committer: Pierre d'Herbemont
>
> vmem: By default keep the original image aspect ratio.

WTF? How many times do we need to restate that LibVLC semantics must not be
changed?

> I believe this is the most sensitive defaults even though this is not the
> current libvlc API. I wouldn't expect client breakage, but I may be
> mistaken here. Please shout if so.

And I believe this is the stupidest default. The applications expect VLC to
fill all the relevant areas we give. That's not possible if you preserve the
aspect ratio. With this, you will get "undefined" memory areas in the pictures
in the too large dimension.

> (Note, This is being used to do the iOS thumbnailing)

THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis