[vlc-devel] vlc only show first frame?

yanwei liu yanw.liu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:31:28 CEST 2010

Hello, experts,

I have a question about H.264 RTP streaming. I implemented the
function of sending RTP  for H.264 compressed video file and
transmitted the rtp packets over UDP,  the client receive the rtp and
play the video using vlc player.

When the video is not encoded with slice mode, it is can be played
well. That is, one frame is packed into one packet. However, when the
video is encoded with slice mode, (one slice is packed into one
packet) the vlc only show the first frame.

When vlc player opens the offline h.264 compressed video file with
slice mode coding, it can also play the video.

I used the vlc 1.0.3.

Do you encounter the similar problem? It will be very appreciated if
you can give some suggestions.

--
Best Regards,

Joshua