[vlc-devel] Please translate VLC in Hindi Language.

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Mon Sep 13 23:48:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

On Sat, Sep 11, 10 at 10:28 +0530, Bharat Jat wrote:
> There is no translation available for Hindi Language.
> Because Hindi is widely used in India,it is necessary to translate VLC in Hindi.
> (Note that Hindi is also national Language of India.)
> Please translate VLC in Hindi or if you can provide guidelines,I can
> help you in this matter.
> I can speak and write Hindi.

You can download the file at:
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc/vlc-1.1.git;a=blob_plain;f=po/hi.po;

You can use poEdit or KBabel to translate.Make sure that you use
UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Thanks

--
Xtophe