[vlc-devel] Bug handling path names with /

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 06:44:32 CEST 2010

I been testing this libvlc stuff for a while today... and I had some
issues passing nulls, but I fixed all that and was passing a valid
filename

H:/videos/some_path/some_video.avi

VLC comes up with just a playlist if you launch

vlc-1.1.4/vlc H:/videos/some_path/some_video.avi

but if you launch it with

vlc-1.1.4/vlc H:\videos/some_path/some_video.avi

then everything is good... I got an exception creating a media player
from media when H:/ as the start of the filename.

I know windows itself didn't have an issue, and it is surely soemthing
vlc is doing with its path handling, because / is as good as a \ .