[vlc-devel] fixing a bug: preferred audio language select for .ogg

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 11:23:37 CEST 2010

> I believe you need to do it in Ogg_ReadVorbisHeader() as it is done in
> Ogg_ReadKateHeader().

Kate streams have the language stored in the main header, as I viewed this
as an essential part of the stream's description, so Ogg_ReadKateHeader
does not do any reading of the secondary header packets.

> Are you saying the language is set inside the comments?

As all other metadata, including TITLE, LICENSE, etc.
See http://xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for the list of well known fields.

Reading the code, I think it might be as simple as delaying calling
Ogg_ExtraMeta
until all headers are read, eg:
- if( p_stream->i_headers > 0 )
+ if( p_stream->i_headers > 2 )

2 being hardcoded for Vorbis/Theora (3 headers) in this example, other
stream types can be different.