[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] commit: Qt: make extended dialog use standard?buttons (Francois Cartegnie )

Francois Cartegnie fcvlcdev at free.fr
Sun Sep 26 13:23:13 CEST 2010

Le dimanche 26 septembre 2010, Jean-Baptiste Kempf a écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 12:42:46AM +0200, Francois Cartegnie wrote :
> > Humm... that's an unexpected problem.
> > Can't we try inserting qtr() in an extended DialogButtonBox class ?
>
> Which makes it more bloated than just having a Close button with the
> correct ActionClass.
A switch() based on button's role and a string comparison...

> Not to mention that the icons are wrong on Windows too..

In that case, there's no need to remove DialogButtonBox but just make it only
use custom buttons and flag them with the appropriate roles.

DialogButtonBox respects usability guidelines, guaranteeing the buttons will
have the correct layout and the correct order accordingly to the platform. I'd
rather use it, standard buttons or not.

Francois