[vlc-devel] Deinterlacer documentation

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Sun Apr 3 18:17:53 CEST 2011

Hi again,

On 04/03/2011 05:17 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Yes, how are the deinterlaced frames stored...
> I had to write a decoder (crystalhd) and seriously I had a lot of
> difficulties for interlaced mode.

Ah, if you're referring to the hardware deinterlacing of CrystalHD, then
what I wrote may not be relevant at all.

The deinterlacer module of VLC is a pure software implementation, which
doesn't interface with that in any way. Any hardware implementations
are, obviously, specific to that hardware and drivers...

 -J