[vlc-devel] SDK for Win32

Andrew Price messiahandrw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 09:08:37 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM, Kaarlo Räihä <kaarlo.raiha at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/4/3 Andrew Price <messiahandrw at gmail.com>
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is great, thanks!
>> I had to call:
>> dos2unix configure.ac
>>  <http://configure.ac/>dos2unix */configure.ac
>>
>> For it to build correctly. Also, 'make' runs fine, but it outputs a
>> vlc.exe and complains about missing .dlls, so instead I've been calling
>> 'make package-win32-exe' which creates a nice vlc-1.2.0-git directory with
>> the executable, dependencies, and plugins in there ready to run. But 'make
>> package-win32-exe' also fails writing this to std err:
>>
>> fatal: Not a valid object name .gitignore
>> cp: cannot stat `/b/Programming/vlc/_win32/share/locale': No such file or
>> direct
>> ory
>> make: [package-win-common] Error 1 (ignored)
>> cp: cannot stat `./npapi-vlc/installed/lib/npvlc.dll': No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> make: *** [package-win-common] Error 1
>>

> That issue has been there for a long time. It (npvlc.dll) is a browser
> plugin, so it isn't required for vlc.exe

The error causes make to terminate, so I'm worried if there is anything
critical that is built after npvlc.dll that is being skipped. Also if the
issue has been around for a long time, should somebody attempt to fix it or
at least add an option to bypass it (if there isn't one already)?

> Here is my complete std out log: http://tinypaste.com/382a13
>>
>> However despite failing, there's still a runnable copy of vlc.exe in the
>> vlc-1.2.0-git directory, and I don't know why it failed or if it's required.
>>

> Can you copy the folder to another computer and run vlc.exe there?

Yes, I built it on Windows 7 and it also runs on my Windows Vista computer.

Thanks for the help, as long as VLC and the modules are being built I can
begin working on my qualifying task for SoC.

Andrew