[vlc-devel] cant get plugin working on Mac OSx (Snow leopard)

John Smith vlcplugindev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 16:41:27 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I downloaded and installed VLC 1.0.5 and version 1.0.5 of the plugin
on my Mac mini and am having trouble playing video in Safari and
Firefox.

I'm running FF/Safari in 32-bit mode (since the plugin in
unrecognizable in 64-bit mode).

The plugin is detected by the browser (in firefox I can see vlc by
visiting "about:plugins") but when I try to play video Firefox
complains that I'm missing the plugin. Safari doesn't complain but
also never displays any video.

Is there anything I can do as a work-around? QuickTime playback is
horrible (jerky video) so I can't use that.

Thanks
John