[vlc-devel] Need help developing text-to-speech-module in VLC - offering £5.000

Andrew Price messiahandrw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:31:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

If you're targeting Windows then you could have a look at the Microsoft
Speech API (SAPI). It comes with both a speech synthesis and speech
recognition component. Both were significantly improved in SAPI 5.3 which
comes shipped with Windows Vista and above. SAPI allows for multiple voices
(Microsoft Sam, Mike, Mary, Michael, Michelle, Anna, Lernout, Hauspie, IIRC
- perhaps develop your own), and for each voice you can modify the tone and
speed, to emulate multiple people.

Andrew