[vlc-devel] I am firmly against including GROWL as part of the VLC Install

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Apr 12 21:40:33 CEST 2011

Dear Jim,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:04:22AM -0700, Jim Coffey wrote :
> I straight up think it's a fucking abomination and you couldn't give me a valid reason why you feel the need to force unrelated software on me, because one doesn't exist.

Please, stop using the software, and please don't update.

> You think your average user playing Divx, Xvid, or WMV files needs Growl alerts?

Who are you to know what the average user wants and needs?

> Good fucking god, what is wrong with you people?

What is WRONG with you?
Complaining about a free software.

If you don't like it, don't use it. If you don't like it, fork it.

> P.S. I couldn't live without GROWL, but I don't need it as part of every god damn VLC update. Whoever OK'd that decision should be fired from the project as they have proven their ignorance and incompetence through this ridiculous decision. Same goes for the VLC WMV team. I'm surprised WMV files even play with how bad your developers have been on that rather ubiquitous format.

Fired from an open source project?
Are you crazy or just plainly stupid?

Best Regards,

--