[vlc-devel] DASH access plugin

Christopher Müller christopher.mueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Thu Apr 14 12:45:07 CEST 2011

Hi, Remi

Currently I have some time to work on the DASH-Plugin. But I have seen that
my questions are still not answered.

For me your initial request

* The plugin still seems to override all HTTP URIs. This is not acceptable
as VLC supports some other XML file formats over HTTP too, and they still
need to work. There are two ways around this:

is fixed.

So is it necessary to port everything to another layer? If it is necessary,
DASH supports byte-rage seeking and time-based seeking but I think the
"stream_filter layer" would fit best? Do I have to take care about anything
when I move the plugin to the "stream_filter layer"?

Best Regards
Christopher