[vlc-devel] The speed of transcoding is slow

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 05:57:48 CEST 2011

Dear lists,
   I have AVI video file and hope to transcode it to MP4(H.264+AAC).  VLC works well, but the speed of transcoding is the same long as playing, so it's very slow.  If the video have 10 minutes long, it will cost the same time transcoding.  The waiting is very tedious.  I have got one H.264 to AVI tool, for 10 minutes long video file, the tool just costs about 1 minute  completing to transcode.
   I don't know why vlc needs so long time to transcode.  How can I speed the transcoding?
   thanks
  zhu zhong hua