[vlc-devel] Compile problem with latest git

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Mon Apr 18 13:16:19 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm doing something wrong again ;)

After compiling the latest git VLC
[3fb5c74cc2f6dd5bb1a7d80d9d650335b5d6cd8e], I get

undefined symbol: aout_FormatNbChannels

from all audio-related plugins. Not surprisingly, audio doesn't work.
Also, a few plugins give one of the following:

undefined symbol: vlc_object_find
undefined symbol: vlc_entry__1_2_0g

I suspect that there's some cache left over somewhere and something's
not getting compiled correctly... so, I would like to ask, what needs to
be done to get a clean compile?

I did, in the build subdirectory,

find . -name .deps -exec rm -rf \{\} \;
cd ..
./bootstrap
cd build
make # this automatically runs ./config.status --recheck
./vlc --reset-plugins-cache -vv

...but apparently this is still missing something. Any ideas?

 -J