[vlc-devel] Patch to be able to configure the path of the plugins cache in latest vlc

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Tue Apr 19 22:15:39 CEST 2011

----- Message d'origine -----
> I have VLC running on a read only file system so I created this patch to be
> able to change the path of the modules cache directory to a directory with
> rw access. Maybe other people will find it useful.

The plugins cache should be generated as early as possible for better and more consistent experience. And so... It should be generated at the time plugins are installed. Obviously, then there are no issues with permission.

Note that the subsystem expects one cache file per cache directory. So hard-coding a path is a bit of a problem, as it results in overlap...

--
Rémi