[vlc-devel] Question about documents and How to start to code

Juha Jeronen juha.jeronen at jyu.fi
Fri Apr 29 13:42:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 04/29/2011 11:25 AM, Kim Geunhyung wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am newbie in VLC media player.
> I would like to add some test codes in the VLC media player.
> I can't find programing running starting point, such as a main function if c language, of the VLC media player.
>
> What do I start to read to understand the VLC media framework ?

This was posted to the list a while back:

http://www.enjoythearchitecture.com/vlc-architecture.html

There is some documentation on the wiki:

http://wiki.videolan.org/Developers_Corner

Also, if you have in mind some specific thing that can be done, for
example, in a video filter, take a look at the corresponding directory
in modules/ and see some of the existing filter sources for examples.
(Looking at Modules.am will tell you which files belong to which module.)

 -J