[vlc-devel] Subtitles fps

Yuval Tze yuvaltze at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:27:17 CEST 2011

Hi all!

I was wondering if the subtitles speed adjustment was ever implemented, it seems like the UI control was added back in 0.9 but never worked..
Are there any special issues with it, or it just was never a priority?

Anyway here is my humble attempt to implement it (it's not perfect). Basically what I did is to add a new command to the demux (DEMUX_SET_FPS), and supporting it in the subtitle demux (which seems like a good place to start). The subtitle demux translates the original timestamps and delays according to the requested fps before sending them out.

I would be glad to get some comments about it since i'm not sure that's the right approach.

Thanks :)

--
test srt file: http://tinypaste.com/a8a59