[vlc-devel] VLC Backup

cherqui nawfal nawfalcherqui at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:25:49 CEST 2011

 hello i am trying to build a back up system using VLC. From a sat source i
am sending channels using dvblast. and in a reception a i am using vlc to
translate a chanel from one multicast address to an other one (for other
purposes) the cl is : cvlc -vv
udp://@239.100.100.4:5000--sout='#standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=
239.5.5.5:1234}'      . Now what i want is that : when i stop the source
(dvblast) i was expecting to get a special message from vlc to tell me that
it can not connect to the source or something and then use this message to
launch a new stream from onather server
 the problem is that vlc doent give me any msg even if i use the verbosity
 is their a way to get the messages from vlc?
 any suggestions ?
 or if vlc can not, do someone know any tool in command line linux which can
alert me when their is no streams sent ?
--
Nawfal