[vlc-devel] multicast multi-contributor RTP

Barker, Mark Mark.Barker at gdcanada.com
Mon Aug 15 17:38:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

just been looking into VLC and the possibility of using libVLC as an audio pipeline engine...

couple of questions I haven't found the answers to though:-

1) is is possible to setup an RTP multicast stream with multiple speakers? - I can't work this out from the documentation and trial and error has failed me from the cvlc command line - any ideas? I'd also be interested in knowing anything about the possibility to use VLC in demuxing and handling individual speaker streams in independent pipelines.

2) when using a microphone source via alsa for speaking onto such a stream, is it possible to control the RTP and audio characteristics of the stream data - e.g. things like SSRC (and making it individual for each speaker), sampling frequency, packet duration, etc... again, if this is possible from cvlc, can anybody provide me with a command-line to do so?

thanks

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.