[vlc-devel] Question about implement playing specific packet format

Ha, Tuan Trung hatrungttha at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 10:42:51 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to vlc player.

My client have a streaming server which use rtsp and rtp. The video
used h264 codec.

The problem is that each packet from server is different from normal
rtp packet, there are some additional bytes etc.

In order to play this stream on client, I think I should modify
vlc-player to understand this packet format. Because vlc could decode
h264 so I think I will only have to modify something in 'access'
modules rtp and rtsp.

But after reading code in module rtp, rtsp, I still not understand
where each packet is added to the stream before sending to the demux.

Could anyone show me some suggest about where to start or am I right
to modify code there?

Thanks in advanced.
Trung.