[vlc-devel] Zipped mp4 file and STREAM_CAN_FASTSEEK

Peter Tap ptrtap at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 08:31:42 CEST 2011

Folks,

For a better understanding of vlc's internal pipeline, I zipped an mp4 file using bzip2 and tried to play through VLC. The file played just fine.

When I examine modules/stream_filter/decomp.c:244, function Control returns "false" for STREAM_CAN_SEEK and STREAM_CAN_FASTSEEK. However, if I look at modules/demux/mp4/mp4.c:305, it appears if STREAM_CAN_FASTSEEK is false, MP4 plugin cannot be used.

I don't understand this. Why am I able to still see the video in vlc?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Peter