[vlc-devel] Zipped mp4 file and STREAM_CAN_FASTSEEK

Christopher Mueller christopher.mueller at itec.uni-klu.ac.at
Wed Aug 24 17:59:17 CEST 2011

If seek is disabled the mp4 plugin could not be used because it has to
build the box structure tree at first. Therefore it needs the seek
function because it reads the unique identifier of the box and the length
and then it jumps to the end of each box until it reaches the end of the
file. If seek is disabled this is not possible and the libavformat mov
demux must be used because it is designed for streaming and it dosent has
to read the whole file at the beginning it just has to read until it
reaches the first mdat box.

Best Reagards
Chris