[vlc-devel] [RFC, PATCH] configure: Do not stop configure if component is not found.

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Thu Dec 1 12:21:43 CET 2011

Around 12/01/2011 01:08 PM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf scribbled:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 12:00:13PM +0100, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote :
>> On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:47:14 +0200, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski <gf at unixsol.org>
>> wrote:
>>> I can understand your point about xcb (and maybe alsa), but surely
>>> dbus-control (I do not have dbus at all), lua (not needed) and a52 (just
>>> warn possibly?) are not vital to vlc being usable.
>>
>> LUA is very much needed nowadays.
>>
>> And until we get a proper A/52 decoder plugin through libav, a52 is needed
>> as well.
>
> How so?
> You might not want any A/52 decoding, no?

My point exactly, configure should not require --disable-xxxxx just to silence
an error that if xxxx is not found. If it is not found just mark it so and go on.

Otherwise it is cat and mouse game. ./configure ... wait....aaaa an error, whats
the disable option (grep for it)...run configure --disable-abc ... wait....loop
if an error is found.

And lets not forget that configure is huge and it is taking lots of time to run.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/