[vlc-devel] qtsound: added audio capture functionality for MAC OS X

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Dec 2 03:10:36 CET 2011

Le Fri, 2 Dec 2011 02:52:31 +0100,
Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 08:08:54PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> > Le Fri, 2 Dec 2011 01:49:41 +0100,
> > Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at videolan.org> a écrit :

> > > IRC.
> >
> > The wiki now mentions getting a file (stolen straight from MacOSX 10.6
> > SDK) from our server.

When I wrote that, the wiki had a download link to the (copyrighted)
header, which pointed to download.videolan.org.

My answer obviously pointed that using copyrighted GPL-incompatible
material to build VLC is not possible.

> Get it from the SDK on the machine, as documented on the wiki.

This however looks fine to me.

I am not accusing JB of theft or whatever, merely pointing a (very
important IMO) irregularity in the development and build process.

Using copyrighted material is of course for VLC development is
of course possible.
We'll lie to nobody when we say the majority of video samples come from
peer to peer distribution.

It's fine for testing and research purposes, not for public consumption.

When you deal with such material and redistribute to other people,
please make that obvious that's it's for testing purposes, and that it
comes from dubious, if not blatently illegal, origins.

--
If you want illegal documents or software, ask me, I have plenty of
them.

Rafaël Carré