[vlc-devel] RTSP muxing

Nuno Mota ee05154 at fe.up.pt
Fri Dec 2 16:20:29 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm sorry if this seems out of the scope but there are a few questions
I'm seeking an answer for. Currently I'm working on the VOD server and
for some reason I'm having difficulties both in keeping the original TS
pids and keeping the original TS audio and video sequence. I'm using
ffmpeg for demuxing and for some reason --ts-es-id-pid --sout-es-id-pid
fails because the sout pids are values from 0 to x, which may suggest
that demuxing with ffmpeg does not translate the original pids into the
es ids. This only happens when I switch on the demuxing using
avformat(ffmpeg).

Other thing is that using the vod server I need to use mux mp2t in
order to multiplex all the ESs into on RTP stream. The problem is that
the original order is not kept and I can't seem to find a way to do so.
Normally VLC seems to pick a random audio first, then a video, and then
all the remaining audio.

type : vod
enabled : yes
mux : mp2t

PS: How can I use ffmpeg muxing in this situation?

Thanks for the attention,
Best regards,
Nuno