[vlc-devel] --enable-libdvdcss and static dll linking?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 02:45:45 CET 2011

Hello.
I tried the libdvdread patch to --enable-libdvdcss
with cross compiling:

$ ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --prefix=/usr/win32 --enable-libdvdcss
checking for dvdcss_interface_2 in -ldvdcss... no
configure: error: You need libdvdcss.so.2 or later

Maybe it needs some cross compile love?

Also next question:
how does vlc create "static" dll's, like
libdvdnav_plugin.dll
that doesn't need libdvdnav-4.dll to function?  I was forced to copy
all the various .dll's to my vlc directory in order to get vlc to work
with my own cross compiled version of libdvdnav.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
-roger-