[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] Dxva2 is only available in Windows Vista and above

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Dec 7 18:42:47 CET 2011

Le mercredi 7 décembre 2011 19:27:44 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 12:25:50PM -0500, Rafaël Carré wrote :
> > Please read autoconf documentation, we do compile them.
>
> Not having WINNT at 600 should not prevent compilation.

Failing to precompiling would a problem (and IMHO better).

But in any case, headers must be tested in autoconf with the same definitions
as they will be included with. autoconf normally does that automatically. But
if some definitions is overriden, then I don't see any clean alternative to
Rafaël's hack.

Otherwise the reciprocal problem shows up:
the header succeeds in autoconf and fails in make!

So unless you're suggesting to drop Windows XP/2003 support (fine with me), I
don't see any better solution.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis