[vlc-devel] Bounty: fix dvd menu highlighting

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 00:48:46 CET 2011

>>> $150 to fix DVD Menu highlighting, which is messed up at times.

Ok, after looking at it myself, I noticed the following:
problem is not present in VLC 0.9.9
problem is present with 1.0.0 (which, perhaps coincidentally, was the
first release to include libyuvp_plugin.dll)
problem is not present in 1.2.0-nightly in windows (though highlighted
sections are too small for some reason).
problem is present with source build on linux (version 1.3.0-git-143-g3ce16b3)

My current recommendation would be to just disable yuvp temporarily
until it's fixed, if that's an option.
Barring that, I couldn't tell any immediate problem with the code--it
seems to look right.  So the problem may be in the "display" module in
how it displays the YUVA image on the screen (works windows, fails
linux ["YUV SDL output"]).

Anyway I'm giving up on it for now, and raising the bounty to $200 if
someone else can figure it out.
Thank you.
-r