[vlc-devel] [vlc-commits] avcodec: fix direct rendering with some codecs

Laurent Aimar fenrir at elivagar.org
Sat Dec 10 23:43:22 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:00:07PM +0100, Rafaël Carré wrote:
> vlc | branch: master | Rafaël Carré <funman at videolan.org> | Sat Dec 10 16:58:35 2011 -0500| [fcc84608b67f3c3567b96604577bfdcc0de45b53] | committer: Rafaël Carré
>
> avcodec: fix direct rendering with some codecs
>
> Provide edge buffers when CODEC_FLAG_EMU_EDGE is set
> Fix ProRes playback with direct rendering

 From what I understand of avcodec, this is wrong. We need edge only when
CODEC_FLAG_EMU_EDGE isn't set while we always set it.
Besides, I think (but unsure) that you need to allocated edge on the right
*and* left side of the buffers, which won't work as is.

Also, increasing the resolution won't correctly work, mostly due to filter
and vout modules (you will end up in some case with green pixels on the rigt).

So I think this commit should be reverted.

Regards,

--
fenrir