[vlc-devel] a pitfall when cross-compiling win32 build on 64bit machine

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Dec 14 17:51:00 CET 2011

Le mercredi 14 décembre 2011 10:05:39 Rémi Denis-Courmont, vous avez écrit :
> Then it depends what "word size" is? Only long has a different size on
> x86-64 than on i386, while char, short, int and long long are same.

So the problem is size_t. It is used to store strings size for some reason. We
could force 32-bits values instead. This should be an easy patch in contrib.
Of course that will cause other compatibility problems with the upstream Lua.

Another option is to support all both 32-bits and 64-bits byte codes. But such
patch would be a lot more complicated.

http://www.remlab.net/
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/remidenis