[vlc-devel] [Patch] Dash: Don't try to do something without a valid MPD manager

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Dec 14 19:06:41 CET 2011

Why do we need a NullManager, in the end, since we have the empty
interface already?
What is the use of instantiating it, if it does not do anything?
If the profile is not implemented, we just quit the module, no?

I must be missing something, but I don't see the point.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:28:04AM -0800, Christopher Müller wrote :
> Why do you want to get rid of it? You have to consider that the MPD part will grow immensely if we implement the whole DASH specification. Furthermore there are a lot of profiles, therefore I don’t like that.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734