[vlc-devel] VLC Development at School

Brendon Justin brendonjustin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 05:42:39 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I am a student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and we have an awesome program for students called RCOS: http://rcos.rpi.edu/ .  Students work on open source software, like they would work on a research project.  They do pay us like undergraduate research students, i.e. some but not a whole lot.  I thought I would contribute to VLC next semester in RCOS, instead of doing my own project.  I want to make sure that you guys know and have no problem with it before I do the RCOS paperwork.  What do you think?

I'm in between semesters until January 24th, so work I do before then may not indicate what I can do during school :-).  While classes are going on, I will have 3-8 hours in a typical week to contribute.

I'm on the IRC channel pretty frequently, as bjustin.

Thanks,
Brendon Justin

p.s. The project that I did last two semesters was a tracker for the shuttles at school, mostly the iPhone app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rpi-shuttles/id429089081?mt=8 but also a bit for the web server it pulls data from.